Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task not showing in Google Calendar

amree says:
I've successfully added RTM using the first instruction from https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/googlecalendar/

I can see the checkbox at top left corner and can add tasks from Google Calendar without any problems. However, I couldn't see any of the tasks that I've added. I need to click the checkbox icon first to see them. So, what's wrong here ?
Posted at 2:38pm on November 7, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Those instructions provide a special "calendar" that shows the checkmark, clicking which gives you an embedded task list.

It sounds like you might want the iCalendar service.
Posted 14 years ago
wheretheskygrows says:
I have added the iCalendar service to my Google calendars. I have private addresses turned on, and I've taken the iCal feed for my "all tasks". But my tasks don't appear in the Google calendar. Is there a delay?

Incidentally, I also added the service that gives me the blue checkboxes on the calendar, and while I can see some tasks when I click the checkboxes, I don't see any that are repeating. Ie., "repeat every day at 5p.m." - only shows up today. It doesn't show up when I click on tomorrow's checkbox.
Posted 14 years ago
There's frequently a delay with Google Calendar refreshing iCalendar subscriptions. It seems to be sporadic, and only affects some people. Give it some time and let me know if it continues.

Repeating tasks will only show the current instance (just like the website). Once the iCalendar shows though, you should see events each day. :)
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If you want to see multiple instances of a repeating item, you can create seven tasks that repeat weekly, and stagger them to seem like one that repeats daily. This will show you what you want for the next 7 days.
Posted 14 years ago
supergrass1 says:
This works great now I can even see tasks on my crappy Samsung Phone using opera mini browser with google calendar
Posted 14 years ago
hellt says:
i added RTM's iCal feed to GCal yesterday. And all events i add i cant see in GCal. Seems like GCal doesnt update iCal source.

Do you think Gcal need some more time?
Posted 14 years ago
hellt,
Yes, probably. You can check the iCalendar itself to make sure it's updating; there are no known problems, but it may be worth a look.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am also have the same problem. No sync between Gcal and RTM Is there any solution
Posted 14 years ago
rpayer says:
I have tried several times to add RTM events to my Google calendar as described in
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm
and even waited a few days in case Gcal only synchronizes from time to time.

It never ever worked - the events were not displayed Gcal.
I tried to synchronize with SunBird and this worked fine.

However I need the synchronization with Gcal because Gcal syncs with my iPod.

Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.