Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Subject Headings in RTM Reminders

(closed account) says:
I like the service in which task reminders are e-mailed to me, but I don't know why every reminder has to have the subject heading, "Remember the Milk Reminder." Checking my Blackberry, I have no idea what the reminder is about without opening it (and once I do, I find it hard to find the task - it should be the first line, separated from the others)

This is the same thing that Google Calendar does, and I'm not sure why it has to be like that. Does this problem get fixed in the pro version? Do you really need to advertise yourselves so aggressively? Why can't the first words of the task itself be the subject heading (preceded by RTM)?
Posted at 12:53am on October 12, 2009
gudinin says:
Reached here to post basically the same issue, and glad to see like-minded people, so seconding the above. Google Calendar is a good example to follow, but I'd suggest a slight improvement:

Subject: [Task, let's say max. 50 characters or so] @ [time] [date]

The above is for single tasks.

For the daily tasks overview, the subject can change to:

Subject: [Tasks due [date] [# of tasks]

It may seem a minor thing, but I'm sure it would be welcome for a lot of users who use email reminders.

Thank you in advance for taking this into account, and thank you for the service :)
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
It's not that we're "advertising" ourselves. Rather, the reminder emails may or may not be a single task (e.g. a daily reminder for tasks due that day or when you have more than one task due at a specific time).

You may find that text message or IM reminders work more quickly for "scanning".
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.