Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task Specific Reminders

(closed account) says:
This is a major issue with this service. I know there are other posts about this, but they have been closed due to inactivity and I feel this is something that should stay at the forefront until addressed. Even if it were a Pro-only feature (which I don't actually feel it should be) it would be better.
Posted at 12:52pm on September 23, 2009
(closed account) says:
+1

I need task specific reminders, which will make things so much easier.

Right now I get reminded for everything and loose the priority of the task which is more important.

Please help.

Regards
Amar
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 I've been an advocate for task specific reminders since I started using RTM. Some tasks are not important enough to send a reminder, others are. Right now, for those I want reminders on, I put them in GCal and set the appropriate reminder. It works, but I'd rather not have to double enter these tasks (once in RTM, once in GCal).

I'd like the ability to select the type of reminder (pop-up, email, SMS, whatever) for each task. Or, of course, no reminder.
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Reminders could really stand some improvement in RTM. Until they receive some attention from Bob, the best workaround for the issue is to pipe your tasks into Gcal and rely on its reminders, which are far more versatile.

More info here: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/6517/
Posted 14 years ago
jits says:
+1

At the very least we should have the ability to set different reminder settings on a per list basis, for example:

1. Reminders in the "Work" list go to work email address AND skype.
2. Reminders in the "Personal" list go to personal email address.

Apart from that, many thanks for a great service! I rely on RTM every day and have gladly purchased a Pro account :-) The Android app is brilliant.

Jits
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.