Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Problem with writting emails through gmail mobile app to RTM

zuxsion says:
Hi

I know this is not Google forum, but I was wondering if any other here have tried to use the gmail app for mobile phones and having a problem sending an email to the RTM email through google contacts since it contain + or %?

An in deepth description is here:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=623505bcfe93a5ee&hl=en

Thanks!

Posted at 11:36am on August 20, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I've not heard of any problems with the Gmail mobile app, but I know some mail clients mistakenly don't allow the + character. (It is a valid character.) I've also not used it on a Nokia phone.

Is that the problem though? It sounds like it's just not coming up in the Contacts? Is the + verifiably the problem or is that just your hunch?

Also, does the e90 have a native mail client? Does that work with that contact?
Posted 14 years ago
zuxsion says:
Hi Andrew

Correct, I suspect it is due to the characthers + and % not being allowed to be used in contact email on the google contact ONLY when using the mobile application for gmail.

(I get the contact if I use a PC)

The odd thing is that I can write it in the hand and then it works and email arrives and everything... but it is hard to remember the long RTM email adresse :)

There is a native email client, but I havent tried that one yet because I need to setup a POP3 server and such to use it I think
Posted 14 years ago
zuxsion says:
Hi Andrew

Works with the intergrated email client (using same gmail account) so definatly a problem with the gmail application and transferring of contacts with % or + signs.

Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.