Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Privacy issue with Google Calendar

emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi all,

For anyone using the Remember The Milk for Google Calendar feature who is seeing something that looks like this:

on their Google Calendar, unfortunately it looks like there's an issue with Google Calendar's web content events system. :(

RTM task data is not affected, however it appears that Google Calendar is displaying the names and email addresses of some Google Calendar users to other users (clearly a privacy concern!).

As it's an issue on Google's end, we're in touch with the Google Calendar team regarding this issue, and we're hoping that they'll have it resolved shortly.

For full details, please see my post on the status blog regarding this issue.
Posted at 6:29am on July 29, 2009
yang says:
I've also started seeing this. I wasn't seeing this earlier today.
Posted 14 years ago
makacs says:
Same happened to me. Strange.
Posted 14 years ago
tejaspatel says:
Good that I read this, I was going to report this as a concern.
Posted 14 years ago
tejaspatel says:
One solution is that we can just unsubscribe to RTM Calendar for the time being and it should fix this issue or anybody else seeing my email address!
Posted 14 years ago
chiieddy says:
Just coming in to report it. Glad to see you're already on it.
Posted 14 years ago
jwkonek says:
Coming in to report as well. Glad a solution is in progress!
Posted 14 years ago
kzagorianos says:
Whew! thought the voices in my head had internet access....just kidding
Posted 14 years ago
alanbarker says:
Same here. Freaky.

I'm usually logged into to RTM and gCal at the same time; when I logged out of RTM and re-logged into gCal the errant tasks were gone, oddly. Logging back in to RTM brought them all back.

Can anyone confirm that this also happens to them?
Posted 14 years ago
kraftbj says:
@alanbarker

The events show in Google Calendar in either event for me.
Posted 14 years ago
makacs says:
@alanbarker: it does not works for me.
Posted 14 years ago
patrick.conwell says:
I noticed that most of the tasks that were 'added' to (or shared with?) my calender were created by people with ethnic names, possible suggesting that the tasks being inadvertently shared are all outside the United States.

Anyone else notice the same pattern? Or is it just coincidence?
Posted 14 years ago
ramona.ortega says:
Also happening here...
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I just noticed this yesterday. I didn't actually look at any of the tasks until a minute ago, and found that they were all from other users. I was starting to get concerned, but it's good to see it's a known issue that is being worked.
Posted 14 years ago
felixc says:
Logging out and back in didn't change anything for me.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Whew. I was a tiny bit CONCERNED that a bunch of other peoples tasks started showing up in my calendar. I'm busy enough without having to do a bunch of other people's work, and I don't read Chinese!
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The Google Calendar team has now fixed this issue (thanks, guys! :)
Posted 14 years ago
pcpilot says:
Yes , it behaviors normally now.
Posted 14 years ago
pcpilot says:
sorry for my broken English and correct the wrong words : it should be :

" its behavior is normal now ."
Posted 14 years ago
shayne.tanner says:
I am getting SMS reminders and Gmail reminders from RTM. I have deleted RTM calendar from Gmail and am still getting notifications for 2011. any ideas...??
Posted 14 years ago
judith.fordham says:
your blog says this issue with Google is not resolved - not for me!!! I received an email with another user's email address and doctors' appointment yesterday and still receive these from time to time

ALSO I regularly, several times a week, receives appointments for the yer 2011 which do not exist and they show as due that day. I am told this is a Gmail based problem, but cannot seem to resolve it.
Posted 14 years ago
judith.fordham says:
re my posting a few minutes ago - sorry I was referring to RTM's blog which appears at when the link at the top of this string is followed is followed
Posted 14 years ago
shayne.tanner says:
Forgot to add - the reminders are not mine, they are for other RTM users. I have even received them with details of the person whom it belongs to. Got one today!
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
For anyone still experiencing this, if you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit a Google Calendar issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.