Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

two sets of email reminders?

rcamner says:
I get separate email reminders for the items I've added via the web interface and those I've entered on my Blackberry. Is there a reason for this, and can it be fixed?

(I suspect what's going on is that somehow the default time of day--not date--is different when entering tasks each way...I never specify times, only dates).
Posted at 8:20pm on July 25, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
The tasks shouldn't be any different, necessarily, when entering them on either interface. So can you compare the due properties for a task entered on each?

The typical difference, in my experience, is that the priority defaults to 2 ("Normal") on the BlackBerry, but yes, the difference in the interface for due dates/times could also be affecting it. But since reminders are per account, I'm not sure how that would affect the reminders.

And I'm assuming you're getting the reminders at the correct times, i.e. what you have set in your Settings under Reminders?
Posted 14 years ago
rcamner says:
OK, I think I've figured it out. When I use the web interface and only put a due date, RTM doesn't supply a due TIME...it just says "7/29/09".

BUT, tasks added on my Blackberry ALWAYS supply a due TIME of 5:00 pm. AND, since I have in my settings to send out an email reminder 1 hour before the due time for any task that has a due time, I'm getting 4pm emails of tasks added via the Blackberry.

And, as far as I know, there is no way of changing the Blackberry's behavior of it's Tasks module. If that's true, my only recourse would be to change my RTM's settings not to send reminders when a task has a due time.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Ah, yes, that's true. The BlackBerry has a lot of default, unchangeable behaviors in Tasks.

As a workaround, you can change the due date to midnight, which will effectively store it the same way in RTM.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.