Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Email task to non-RTM User

dgcombs says:
I'd like to be able to email a task to a non-RTM user. Is there a way to accomplish this? It appears that the email interface is primarily designed to interact with RTM users only ...
Posted at 5:55pm on July 16, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
If you're wanting to send the details of a task to someone, you could tag it with something unique, e.g. "sharewithsoandso", then create a Smart List for tag:sharewithsoandso. Then you could give that person the link to your Atom or iCalendar lists; I'd recommend having private addresses turned on so it comes up without a username/password.

If actually receiving the task via email is essential, you could use a service like Feed My Inbox to send a task from the Atom feed to an email address you specify, but keep in mind that we can't vouch for that service.

The standard disclaimer applies about private addresses: Private addresses are designed for your use only, so please don't share this address with others. If you accidently share your private address, click on the "Reset Private URLs" link on the Settings screen to create brand new private address URLs. Technically, if they knew RTM's URL structure, they'd be able to get to other formats for that same list (but not for others). Not necessarily a huge concern, but something to keep in mind.

You can't publish Smart Lists, but if you wanted to publish an entire List, that would be an option too. Just know that they'd be able to see everything in that List. And, since they wouldn't have a RTM account, you'd have to publish it for the public, which may not be acceptable for you.

If, instead, you're wanting to "assign" a task to someone, that would best be done if they had a RTM account.

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.