Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to get email reminders if I CANNOT reply the verification email ?

alexandre.salvador says:
My mobile phone operator is not supported by RTM sms reminders.
I therefore found an independent web service that transforms emails sent to an address "passwd.myphonenumber@lesms.com" into an sms they send me (for 0.15euros/sms).

BUT the problem is I CANNOT reply the verification email sent by RTM, because the email is directly transformed to an sms, truncated to 160 characters and sent to my phone.
I have no access to any mailbox related to the address "passwd.myphonenumber@lesms.com".

How can I tell RTM to confirm this "theoretical" email address when I cannot see the actual verification email ?
Posted at 5:31pm on July 1, 2009
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
Could you use twitter for SMS reminders?
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
alexandre.salvador,

I didn't word my previous comment well. If you have a twitter account (free) you can use twitter to get sms reminders by having RTM send them to twitter and setting up twitter to SMS any direct messages (the way the RTM sends reminders to twitter) to your phone. The verification of the phone is done on the twitter website so it may avoid your problem with the verification email.

Good luck,
Leah
Posted 14 years ago
alexandre.salvador says:
I believe twitter stopped forwarding to sms in Europe (as they cannot afford the cost).

There must be quite a few people whose mobile phone network is not supported by RTM. Has anybody solved this problem of third party service forwarding email to sms without access to an actual email address ?
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.