Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can't swipe to complete tasks

dholt says:
Hi, I can't swipe tasks to complete them anymore in the iPhone app under the 3.0 firmware. Not a deal breaker, just annoying. Thanks.
Posted at 3:24am on June 15, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dholt,
This is something we've seen and it's on our list to fix.

Thanks for reporting what you've noticed!
Posted 14 years ago
satisam says:
Excellent, this has been bothering me for the last week - I thought it was a deliberate change to the application.
Posted 14 years ago
joshuadlake says:
In the meantime is there another way to mark a task complete? I'm considering downgrading the OS otherwise.
Posted 14 years ago
joshuadlake says:
Just read the forum posts - answer was there. Disregard, thanks.
Posted 14 years ago
andholt says:
I'm new to the iPhone app, I read somewhere that swiping worked and was frustrated I couldn't use it. Glad to know it should be working, I thought perhaps I just stunk at swiping. :)
Posted 14 years ago
Just an update: we've posted on our blog that the RTM app was updated last week and is awaiting approval from Apple; it should appear in the App Store shortly. Keep your eyes on the Appl Store updates!

In the meantime, you can still complete tasks: tap on a task, tap Edit at the top right, scroll down, and tap on Complete Task. It's the long way around, to be sure, but it works in the meantime. :)
Posted 14 years ago
mrtotes says:
What?! I'm going to have to go back to actually completing tasks... I was enjoying the respite from work ;-)

Seriously though, very glad to hear that it is just a glitch since the 3.0 update. Thanks for your speedy efforts to rectify.

Cheers
mrtotes
Posted 14 years ago
sir.walter.scott says:
Slightly easier for me (particularly when doing multiples): from the list, tap "Edit" at the top right, select the task(s), then click "Complete" at the bottom.
Posted 14 years ago
Thank you Sir Walter; I've actually noticed the same, but only after I mentioned the workaround initially. ^_^

I typically only use Edit for multiple tasks since swiping is faster, but using Edit is still faster than the longer way I suggested above.
Posted 14 years ago
manning999 says:
With the 1.1.0 app update, compatible w/ iPhone OS 3.0, swipe-to-complete works like a charm again.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've never used it pre-OS 3.0 and thought this was a missing feature. swipe to complete would be great!

great app, btw. feels just as smooth and powerful as the web one. I'll be upgrading to pro soon :)
Posted 14 years ago
amylyons says:
me too! Used to be able to swipe to complete a task and the function has vanished. It was a great function that I used a lot. When will it be fixed?
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi adambox and amylyons,

Can I ask if you're both on version 1.1.0?

This latest version fixes the swipe to complete feature (which was broken on iPhone OS 3.0 before this update). More info here.
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
Emily,

FYI - I am able to swipe to complete tasks.

Thanks
Posted 14 years ago
lee.nicholson says:
I can also swipe to complete successfully.
iPhone 3GS 3.0 and RTM 1.1.0
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.