Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

task is caught in a loop, won't complete

marys says:
I have a task set to repeat "every month on the 5th Monday". When I tell it to complete, it gets stuck with the circle of dots going round and round. It finally tells me "There was a problem reaching the server. Are you connected to the Internet? (tasks.complete failed.)", but continues on and on with the circle of dots. I can continue to do other things but that one tasks will not complete. If I log out and log back in, the circle of dots is gone but it still has the original date. Any suggestions?
Posted at 2:03am on June 2, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi marys,
Hm, I can't reproduce that. When I set one to be due June 29 and to repeat "every month on the 5th Monday", it sets it. When I complete it, it marks it due on August 31. Are there any other properties set on the task? Had it been working previously? Does it work with a new task with the same properties?

Also, what are you expecting to happen on months that only have four Mondays? The way RTM works currently, such a repeat setting will make it only due on months with 5 Mondays (like my June --> August example); is that what you're looking for?
Posted 14 years ago
marys says:
Hey,
I can reproduce the error if I set the task due on 5/25/09 and repeat "every month on the 5th Monday", it still gets stuck trying to complete. There are 5 Mondays in June. Don't know why it gets stuck in May. Mine will complete with the 6/29 date too, changes to an 8/31 due date, skipping July because of the Mondays. On months without 5 Mondays, I guess I expected it to either skip to the next month (like it does) or give an error that the repeat clause is invalid.
Thanks for answering,
MaryS
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Aha. I'm able to reproduce that. Thanks for providing those details. This has been added to our list to fix.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.