Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Specifying reminder times on individual tasks

(closed account) says:
Am I missing something, or is there no way to specify when I get a reminder for a specific task? Some tasks I want to be reminded about on the day they are to do, but others I might need a reminder a couple of days ahead of when it's due.

I don't mean I want to get an email for each individual one, a daily email is fine, but can't I set anything so the daily email reminds me of tasks due today but also say one that's due in two days time if I've specified I want a reminder two days ahead for that task?
Posted at 9:42am on May 20, 2009
(closed account) says:
You're not missing anything. RTM does not have the capability at this time to individually select tasks for reminders. This is a long time request.

There is a workaround using Google Calendar which gives you the ability to select certain tasks using a tag and a Smart View which will allow you to do this. You'll have to search the forums for it, I don't remember the exact threads.

Best of luck.
Posted 14 years ago
markgraves says:
I'd also like to do this but I don't think it's possible - the reminders are a global setting and not per task. You can make suggestions to RTM here:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/contact/suggest/
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
You are correct; reminders are a global, not per-task, setting. If you need details on how they work, see the Help page, though it sounds like you already understand this.

One thing to consider: a lot of third-party clients offer such abilities. For example, I use MilkSync on my BlackBerry and set reminders on some tasks there. That works pretty well, and I imagine some other services may be able to do similar things.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.