Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Different reminders for home/work tasks

markgraves says:
I'd like my work task reminders sent to my work email address and personal reminders to my home address. Anyone know if it's possible? The reminders seem to be a global setting rather than task related so I'm not hopeful :-(
Posted at 6:37pm on May 10, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi graves,

The reminder settings apply to all tasks; this isn't possible currently, sorry. :(
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Reminders remain an area that need improving, but since this thread began there's a good workaround using Gcal.

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/6517/
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Ignore the "since this thread began" phrase above. Cut and paste sabotage.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
graves,
since you already have the tasks separated, maybe you could use some kind of RSS service to email you about a task? For example, I've heard of services that will email you with updates to an RSS feed.

You'd probably want to create a smart list, e.g. "list:Work AND due:today" and use that as your RSS feed. I'm not sure it'd approximate what you want though; it'd probably just email you the day of (unless there's a way of searching based on the due time?).

On the other hand, I also want to be reminded of work and personal tasks in the appropriate time/context, so I have it IM me (I can be on Gmail at work), which comes to me wherever I am. If you're able to check your IM/email/phone at work, perhaps you could have it contact you appropriately and you'd be able to get the reminders?

Just two workarounds I can think of; hopefully one of those will help!
Posted 14 years ago
markgraves says:
Thanks for your help guys, I'll look in to these.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.