Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Help for a new comer??

wes.allen says:
Hello, I am new to RTM and trying to set it up to use and eventually sync with my blackberry. I want to change some of the intial setup, and delete some of the standard lists (study, work, etc) and add some lists (client names, pro-bono, etc). However, I can't seem to get anything to work. When I try to delete the default lists and even the initial task (Try out Rememebr the Milk), a circle of dots just keeps spinning and the updates never happen. Also, when I add a list, it does not save it. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted at 3:00pm on April 27, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi wes.allen,

It sounds like something (such as anti-virus or security software) might be preventing RTM from loading correctly.

Would it be possible to try accessing RTM at the HTTPS URL:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/

This can sometimes help to workaround issues where RTM isn't loading properly.

If you continue to experience issues, can I ask which browser and operating system you're using?

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
wes.allen says:
Thank you for the response. That URL does not seem to help. I am using Internet explorer 8 on Windows Vista OS.

Thanks
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, I don't suppose you happen to have Gears installed?

If you do, I'd suggest removing permission for RTM from the Gears settings in the browser, clearing cache and cookies, then restarting the browser and trying again.

If you don't have Gears installed, I'd recommend starting by clearing IE's cache and cookies, just in case something is stuck and not loading properly.

If clearing cache/cookies doesn't help, the issue may be related to third-party software (as I mentioned earlier). Various firewall/security/anti-virus software, pop-up blocking software, ad blocking software, and browser plug-ins can interfere with RTM. :(

If you use such software, I'd recommend adding 'rememberthemilk.com' as an exception in the software (particularly for any ad blocking, script blocking, or pop-up blocking rules). Then, restart the browser and see if this helps.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.