Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM just shows HTML source

sgri says:
I have just tried to access my account on RTM after being away for a week and all I get is the HTML source code.
This wasn't a problem a week ago.
I am running IE 8 on my XP desktop.
Interesting, though is that I can access the mobile version of RTM fine.
Posted at 12:42pm on April 27, 2009
sgri says:
Just noticed someone else had a similar error a few days ago:
auklet53: Problem starting RTM from .../home/username, .../offline, or Quicklaunch icon

Any idea/ solution?
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sgri,

Would it be possible to confirm the version of Gears that you have installed?

Also, if you disable permission for RTM in Gears (in the Gears settings in your browser) and clear cache/cookies, does it work?
Posted 14 years ago
mroffel says:
I experienced the same problem after installing Gears, and it seems to be resolved when you switch RTM to Denied (Apply it) en then switch it back to Allowed.
Posted 14 years ago
Hi mroffel,

It's good to hear this seems to resolve by changing the setting -- would it be possible to let me know which version of Gears you have?

I'm wondering if an update to Gears might be causing this.

Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This has now been confirmed by Google as a bug in the latest version of Gears (0.5.16.0), affecting IE.

It will be fixed in the next Gears update, but if you have problems loading RTM in the meantime, you may need to disable permission for the RTM site in Gears.

To do this, go to the Gears settings dialogue in your browser ('Tools' > 'Google Gears Settings') and disable permission for RTM.

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.