Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Stars not working in Gmail?

ellisbooker says:
Was working flawlessly last night, on three different computers (PC, Mac, Linux). Now, at least on the office PC, this function--i.e., creation of a task by starring an e-mail--isn't working.

Boo. Really messes up my workflow.
Posted at 7:53pm on April 21, 2009
harryldanieliii says:
Same here. Make GTDing tough in RTM.
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've updated in the last couple of days for the latest version of Gmail's code; would it be possible to try reloading Gmail and see if it works?

The status page shows the currently supported Gmail version -- would it be possible to check the Gmail version you're using?

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
jnievele says:
Apparently Google released yet another version:
"You are currently using Gmail version "10855727". This version is unsupported..."
Posted 14 years ago
ellisbooker says:
It resumed working yesterday, and this morning....And then, bang. Stopped working again.

Here's the info from the Settings/Tasks tab:

"You are currently using Gmail version "10855727".
This version is unsupported by Remember The Milk for Gmail."
Posted 14 years ago
ellisbooker says:
Still not working. Any ETA?
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Ditto on 10855727. You guys need to update the table on your Status page to reflect what's going on with this version. Thanks.
Posted 14 years ago
Just wanted to note that version 10855727 is now supported (and updated on the status page); apologies for the delay in posting here.

The best way to let us know if you encounter a new version of Gmail is by submitting an RTM for Gmail issue report (and thanks to everyone who did! :)
Posted 14 years ago
ellisbooker says:
Gmail has yet another, unsupported version:

You are currently using Gmail version "10914050".
This version is unsupported by Remember The Milk for Gmail.
Posted 14 years ago
Thanks, ellisbooker -- the status of this Gmail version is now indicated on the status page.

It's currently unsupported, but we're working to support this version as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience!
Posted 14 years ago
ellisbooker says:
Emily,

I'm between a rock and a hard place. I rely and Gmail and I like RTM. But if the two productivity tools cannot learn to play nice together, I'm going to have to pick one. And that'll be Gmail (with it's primitive "Tasks") just because it works with my e-mail client, the source of more than half of my actionable items.

Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
There's gotta be a way to have the plugin be "smart" about the changes.. GTD Inbox manages to 'autocorrect' based on gmail's changes.
Posted 14 years ago
Unfortunately we don't have any control over this. :(

Gmail changes their code on a regular basis, which requires us to re-integrate our extension code with their new code. In this particular case, there's no way to automate this process or have the extension automatically adapt to Gmail's new code (we wish there was!).

Until Gmail has an API that allows gadgets/extensions to work with the emails in an account, unfortunately this continual updating of our code is the only way we can integrate with Gmail messages. :(

We try to update as quickly as we can and keep everyone notified of changes with our status page, but without official support from Gmail, this is the best we can do. :(
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
But, emily..... Why can GTD Inbox work without changes (it self-heals), and RTM can't? Perhaps you should reach out to the author of GTD Inbox and see how HE does it? http://www.gtdgmail.com/
Posted 14 years ago
Without going into all the technical details, believe me, if it were possible in this particular case, we'd be doing it already. :)
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.