Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Creating one task after another

batman697 says:
If I create more than one task, I cannot add details (date due, tags) without deselecting the previous ones I created. Is there a way around this? I think hitting "n" before creating the task would do the trick but I'd like something that works automatically.
Posted at 7:10pm on April 21, 2009
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Actually, even though several tasks are selected, only the last one is edited (as long as you are not in multi-edit mode).

But I agree, it seems weird to have several tasks selected. Some actions (moving to list, delete, duplicate etc) will affect all tasks even in single-edit mode.
Posted 14 years ago
batman697 says:
Thank you for clarifying. I'm not sure why I didn't see that behavior during my experimentation.

I also saw your tip on the blog yesterday. Inability to hide tasks (a la Hiveminder) is a big drawback! Your tip helps get around that.
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
On a broader point, and to build on rajjan's comment above, I will repeat a point I make regularly...

I continue to think that the current confusion over some actions effecting single items, some effecting multiple items, and then the separate multi-edit mode is the single largest UI failing of RTM. There are plenty of changes and additions I would like to see implemented, but in terms of enhancing the existing feature set, this is the low-hanging fruit. Anything that leads to users inadvertently altering, completing, or deleting tasks really should be addressed ASAP.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.