Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

I reaaly love the RTM APP, but the price is too expensive

swpave says:
I use RTM for a long time, and i really love it. Yesterday, i bout an iPod Touch then installed the RTM iPhone APP, and i really love it. But why the pro account is so expensive?
Posted at 6:36am on April 17, 2009
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Pardon a dumb question, but you can afford an iPod touch, but not the $25 to manage your life for a year? Don't get me wrong - I have a touch, and adore it, but I think your sense of too expensive is skewed.
Posted 14 years ago
swpave says:
The reason that i don't want to spend $25 for a Pro account is very simple: it's not worthy.

The Pro Account doesn't provide any other function, it's just a APP for user to sync between RTM and their cellphone. Compare RTM APP with others (like Ultimate Todos, $0.99), i have to say, RTM Pro Account is really expensive.

If the annual fee of Pro Account is $2.99, maybe i will buy it. But $25? i am sorry i cannot afford it.
Posted 14 years ago
iwatts says:
Absoultely - $25 is nothing to 1) get Iphone access, and 2) support a fantastic free app.

Compared to Omnifocus, which costs for the desktop version, and for the iphone app, this is dirt cheap, and easier to use.
Posted 14 years ago
cupofassam says:
Well, I don't agree. I can't find any other $25 apps on the app store. And I'm always happy to support a great app, but not to the tune of $25. RTM does some good things, so I'm going to use the free version, and just not use the app. The free version, of course, is exactly the same as the $25 version, except for the app (hence the app. costs $25) Shame, I think this is the wrong marketing strategy, but hey it's not my company. Not interested in omnifocus.
Posted 14 years ago
martin.jamieson says:
I'm still undecided whether I'll get a pro account in order to use the iphone app... it would be useful, but it really depends on how much I'll keep using it... at this point I can't be sure that I won't be using something else in another month or two (although the more I try, the more I keep coming back to RTM).

Given the insane number of people downloading iphone/ipod-touch apps and the propensity of micro-payment apps, I can't help but think RTM should consider a monthly subscription to their pro account (and hence iPhone app) - if it was presented as an option of say $2.99/m or $25/y I think they might capture/convert a larger proportion of those iPhone users who download the app and quit after the 15-day free trial... even if they only buy a pro account for 1 or 2 months, at least that's better than nothing?

I'm sure the original pricing for the pro account didn't want to let users just make a small monthly contribution while they had the urge to pay *something*, but I can't help but think the iPhone changes things somewhat.
Posted 14 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
Guys, I am always complaining but $ 25 is a fair price.

Do you want to be able to sync with RTM? Use Milpon. It's free and quite effective
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I personally feel that, with everything we spend money on (iPod Touch and iPhones included) $2.00 a month is a very reasonable price to pay for such a brilliant service.

You're not just paying for the iPod / iPhone application, but for a service which you can access in so many ways and which puts all other task management to shame.

A lot of effort has gone into developing this primarily free service and you do have a choice whether or not to use it on your handheld device. If you can't afford $2 per month, use the web version for free!
Posted 14 years ago
hpb says:
It's extremely overpriced and probably deterring more people from buying the app then it generates revenue. When competing on the itunes app market with other todo lists like things and others you need to have resonable pricing.

I love rtm but 25$ hurts to much when it's almost the same price as I pay for my phone each month.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm one of those people who find the cost of RTM perfectly reasonable, if not an extremely good deal. $2/month (NOT $25/month) is excellent for something with this kind of flexibility.

Looking down at the Services list below, I don't know of another web based task service that lets you customize it to the way "you" work.

My top features:
- All keyboard, all the time. No need for a mouse.
- Custom task lists. Creative and unique to every user.
- Quicksilver tie-in for quick-entry of tasks. Again - no mouse needed.
- iPhone app.

Easily worth the $25/year.
Posted 14 years ago
hlwoodcock says:
I have to agree with the OP. $25 is too much for this. If the pro account was $10 per year I would upgrade, but at $25 it is too steep. For example flickr pro is $25 per year and you get unlimited storage and bandwidth... now that's a good deal!

$25 for RTM pro is overpriced!
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The reality is that keeping RTM running is very expensive (and wouldn't be possible without Pro accounts!).

If you don't have a Pro account yet, a free 15 day trial is available to help you determine if the app is right for you.

If you don't feel that the Pro account is worth the ~$2/month (in enhanced productivity and organisation :), you're of course always welcome to use our free services (including a web-based mobile version that allows you to access RTM on your device).
Posted 14 years ago
jamezzz says:
Paying $25 a year to keep RTM (the web app AND iPhone app) viable is well worth it to me. Especially, given I don't have any advertising tossed in my face to pay for the service - even the FREE service.

My only concern is that I haven't seen much in the way of improvements to the core application lately. I think it's time to back off building connectors to this or that and to put a little time into the web app again.

All in all though, a great tool for staying organized!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.