Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Push Notifications - commitment?

(closed account) says:
Just wanted to ask if Push Notifications are definitely in the plans for the iPhone app. I know you don't divulge upcoming functionality but the OS 3.0 update is a significant one and I think it would give RTM a bit of love from its users if you were to show some commitment to the new functionality.

Of the list of new APIs push notifications are the only one that strikes me as a useful addition to the iPhone app. Obviously cut, copy and paste should come as standard (right?).

Anyway, confirmation of this will go someway to keeping me with RTM.
Posted at 10:13pm on April 13, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
As I mentioned in a previous topic, we're checking out iPhone 3.0 -- if there are specific features that are available in 3.0 that folks would like to see in the RTM app, we'd love to hear your feedback. :)

Until 3.0 is released (it's still beta currently) and our app is ready, I can't say that particular functionality will "definitely" be available, but can confirm we're definitely looking at what's possible in 3.0.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I would now be more interested in hearing what other api changes could be incorporated aside from push and cut/paste. And I am aware that it's in beta, but that hasn't stopped other iPhone developers committing to it's features. I'm not asking for an early release as I don't run 3.0.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I do not know if Apple's APIs permit it, but I would love to have my RTM app ping me when I was close to a defined location.

(More broadly, I'd love to have RTM evaluate a list of tasks and their locations, and generate a quickest route for me, too.)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
@ranbarton - I think for your second suggestion RTM would have to provide their own maps if you wanted turn by turn navigation. Not sure if they can fire off a directions request to the normal maps to get the standard directions feature.

As for the first suggestion, RTM would have to be running in the background in order to check your location. Background apps are not permitted. Alternative would be that some process constantly fires your location off to the backend - again, don't think this would be possible (love to be proved wrong)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.