Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can I get a hint on - How do I email a task into my Inbox

jeff.franke says:
I use the gmail domain stuff that google provides, so my address isn't a gmail address but uses their interface. I fully understand the concept of the codes to put your forwarded email to a list or with a due date, but it just isn't working for me.. Is there a space after the code like in the body of the forwarded email is the correct syntax to be;
due:, or List:,
I am trying all the variations of no space, 1 space, and I can't get the emailed tasks to do anything but go to inbox.
I'm making sure I'm on the first line of the new email too, but I just cant get it to work reliably. Any tips on what I'm not doing right? Thanks
Posted at 6:36pm on April 12, 2009
teebark says:
Can you give an example of an email you've tryied?
Posted 15 years ago
jeff.franke says:
I just sent one with this as the first line;
Due:4/15/09- didn't register a due date-(No space after colon)

Some other older ones I made include-
Due:Sunday
List: Business

or another-

Due: April 18 (this with a space, still didn't register a due date.)
These all just go to my inbox with no due date or other lists like I intend.
Thanks..
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jeff.franke,

One thing that may be worth double checking is whether your email has a signature or a disclaimer at the end -- if so, after the tasks details you'll need to include '-end-' on a line by itself, and everything after this line will be ignored (otherwise there may be some problems processing the task details).

If you still experience problems, please feel free to submit an issue report via our support system -- we can check things out and try and figure out what's happening here.

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
jeff.franke says:
I think that the 3 hyphen thing works for me because the forwarded email becomes a note like I want. There are at least three hyphens in the line after my task email, which are from the header line on the forwarded email. I'll put a hard break in like you suggest and see if I get any different result. I'll try another email client too. Thanks everybody for tossing in ideas. I'll follow up after Tax Day! Now where's my task list?????
Posted 15 years ago
jeff.franke says:
Here's what I tried today and it still just goes in the inbox with no due date. I wanted to send it to the particular list and with a due date.
Whats wrong here?

List: Bills
Due: Tomorrow
----end
---------- Forwarded message -------
15 Apr 2009, 7:48PM | Edit |
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Jeff,

I think the problem might be the line:

----end

This line needs to be this instead:

-end-

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
jeff.franke says:
Hi all, I am checking back to say all I can get the emailed tasks to do is go to inbox. None of the switches for sending to a task list or putting a due date are working for me in Chrome on Vista, or Firefox. Its got to be something with my Google domain mail I guess. I should try it with Thunderbird, but I think I did.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
I tested from my Google Apps domain address and couldn't exactly reproduce the problem. Some ideas:
1. Spaces aren't necessary; you could try List:Bills and see if that makes a difference (though it worked both ways for me).
2. It shouldn't matter whether you're using Thunderbird or Gmail to send it.
3. The only time I couldn't get it to work was when I tried List: "Test List"; not sure how I'd specify it if the List had a space in it.

Could you post another example now that you've resolved the "-end-" part?
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.