Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Due Dates not syncing bewtween iPhone App and RTM

jpmorganjr says:
I have due dates entered in RTM as tomorrow and they are showing up as today in my RTM iPhone app. I even did a full reset and fresh sync of the app.
Posted at 9:01am on April 9, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey jpmorganjr,

It may be worth double checking just to make sure that your timezone on the Settings screen in RTM matches your system timezone on any computers where you use the site, as well as on your device.

It's particularly important to check the location of the timezone to make sure that they match as well (to ensure that daylight savings time is observed correctly for your account).

If you continue to experience problems, if you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit an iPhone & iPod touch app issue report via our support system?

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi Emily

I'm having the same problem. Tasks I enter into RTM through the web interface show up on the iPhone as due a day earlier than what I put into RTM. I make a task for Wednesday, and it appears on the iPhone as due Tuesday. It works correctly the other way around - if I make a Wednesday task on the iPhone it appears on Wednesday in RTM on the web. I'll submit an issue report.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Update:

I discovered how to make this happen: in the iPhone Date & Time screen in the Settings app, if "Set Automatically" is "ON" then tasks appear on the wrong date in the iPhone RTM app. If "Set Automatically" is "OFF" then tasks appear on the wrong date. (You can flip the setting ON and OFF and the tasks will move from one date to another.) This is true even if the automatically-set date and time is the same as a manually-set date and time.

Perhaps there is a bug in the iPhone API and/or RTM is not reading the iPhone date and time property correctly.

In any event, setting iPhone date and time manually avoids the problem for now.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Oops - I meant "If 'Set Automatically' is OFF then tasks appear on the *right* date..."
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pwalpwal,

Thanks for letting us know -- this sounds pretty strange!

It might be worth just double checking that the computer that the iPhone is plugged into (and may be using to set the timezone via iTunes) has the same timezone (and location) settings as your RTM settings, if you haven't checked that already.

Anyway, if you've submitted a report, we can follow up there.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.