Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Emailing tasks: Additional fields (Due, List, Tags, etc) not parsed

(closed account) says:
Hello,

I am having a strange issue where two identical-looking emails are behaving differently when converted to tasks by RTM.

If I send an email like this directly from Outlook, the behavior is as expected:

Due: Monday at 6pm
Tags: tag1
List: Test
---
Some notes
-end-

But if I send the same email from a third-party program which uses a MAPI interface to Outlook (Caterease, specifically), the task ends up in the generic Inbox list and does not have the tags, notes, or correct due date.

The text content of the emails is identical. The only difference is in the HTML markup of the emails. The Outlook-generated email contains a lot of additional markup (including an xmlns attribute on the HTML tag, some META tags in the HEAD, etc).

The Caterease-generated email consists of bare-bones HTML with no defined namespace and an empty HEAD tag.

Is there something in the way RTM parses emails that would cause this not to work?

Thanks for any help.
Posted at 7:23pm on April 3, 2009
krissy says:
Hi @daxton - Feel free to submit an Emailing Tasks issue report via our support system and I'll chase up an answer for you.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks krissy, just submitted an issue report
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.