Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

conditional repeat

patch says:
I have some friends and relatives I sporadically write an email to. This is no time critical task: if I do it, some people are glad, but if I don't, most of them won't even realize it.

Because I don't want to use these contacts as a procrastination excuse, I want to block this on wednesday evenings.

Now there are some people that I want to write an email to every 2nd or 3rd week for example. if I check my rtm on thursday morning and see I did not write an email to my uncle, I want that to appear this "task" on wednesday of next week. Up to now I think I have to enter this manually - or is there something like "repeats on wednesdays of every 2nd week if I click 'done' and on wednesday of next week if I click 'postpone'"? Maybe this kind of conditional repeating is too complicated, but maybe it's easy to create and I just don't see how.
Posted at 9:53am on April 1, 2009
ralfvd says:
Not sure if it helps, but you could use 'repeat after ' statements. e.g. repeat after 3 weeks. Once you mark the item as completed , the new Due date is set to 'today+3 weeks'.

I am not sure if there is a feature to influence how many days a 'postpone' action will actually postpone the action.

Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.