Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is there a way to sync RTM with toodledo?

mechers says:
Okay, so I exported in this direction:

RTM site->(via MilkSync trial)Blackberry->(via USB)Outlook->Toodledo(via Toodledo add-on).

I would rather not use Toodledo, but I am trying to find a way to get everything I need into an OutlookBlackberry sync. I really cannot afford a data plan plus an RTM pro monthly fee. RTM is great but not 50 extra bucks a month great. BUT-- RTM for gmail is much more suited to my needs than the Toodledo Firefox sidebar. Is there a way I could enter tasks on RTM and export to Toodledo (for further export to Outlook)? Someone throw me a bone here. There are a gazillion syncer programs out there--one of them has to have this functionality.
Posted at 5:12pm on March 26, 2009
mechers says:
I found this at Toodledo's site: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_rtm.php

Just tried it and it appears to work ok.

This should mean I will be able to update RTM from gmail, export to Toodledo, then to Outlook, and sync my Blackberry with Outlook twice a day. Perfect. I know RTM has expressed disinterest with creating an Outlook sync, so for those of you who need an Outlook link or who want a phone sync but can't afford to go Pro, this is an option. You could just switch to Toodledo, but I prefer the simplicity of the RTM interface.
Posted 15 years ago
mechers says:
Hmm. Update. It appears Toodledo merely imports the tasks and does not check for duplication. I'm not using Outlook except as a transfer program, so I can just purge my Toodledo list before every import, but for people who are using Outlook and syncing with Toodledo that could be a problem. RTM also does not export folders. My lists are not that technical so it's not a big deal for me, but that's another potential issue.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
Do you realise that with the time you are dedicating to perform all those steps you could be generating the $1.75 daily that you require for your data plan and RTM Pro?
As a matter of fact, contact me and I may pay you to help me do something that is not too hard. Contact me at favabeans2002(@)yahoo.com Don't use the parenthesis symbols
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.