Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

"No connection"

mwld says:
I started using and loving RTM in the past weeks. So I upgraded to "pro" and downloaded the iPhone App.

When I try to login I get the following error message:
"No Connection
There was a problem establishing a connection to the Internet. Please check your network settings and try again."

I tested it while being connected to different Wireless LANs where other Apps like Safari, Weather etc. could connect. But no success.

Device: iPhone 3G with FW 2.1

Thanks for help!
Posted at 7:11pm on March 19, 2009
krissy says:
If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit an iPhone & iPod touch app issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
krypticide says:
I also have this problem. I have submitted an issue report.
Posted 15 years ago
bugboysworld says:
i have also posted this problem. i would like it fixed or my money back.
Posted 15 years ago
alex.housley says:
I also experienced this problem a couple of times. Most annoyingly the tasks that were reviewed on the iPhone aren't syncing and therefore I'm having to reinstall the iPhone app.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Users over at Appigo's "ToDo" forum are also complaining that the API here at RTM is broken and the software no longer syncs with Todo.

RTM: What the heck is going on with you?
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
It's a typical status with companies that have been overwhelmed by demand. And, as usual, silence from the RTM team.

I like this app so much but I dislike the lousy customer service even more than I like RTM. I keep coming hoping to find a solution and all I find is more trouble. I can't even authorze my RTM to run in ToDo.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've posted over at the Todo google forum that they need some good luck to get this sorted. Can't see that RTM are going to fix the API in order for a competitor to use the service. RTM need to make a statement about this. Even their status page is silent on the issue.
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
amswitzer, gui.azurdia & ajcooper - we had an issue with the API this morning (Australian time) that was fixed. Is this what you're referring to or is there another issue?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
@krissy - nice to hear from you ;-) It's certainly the same issue that I was reporting. At the time of the problem it wasn't on your status page which I though was also a problem. Anyway, all working now. But, while you're here, any chance of some answers to the other posts about communication.....
Posted 15 years ago
juanignaciosl says:
Same problem here with the "official" app, issue reported.
Posted 15 years ago
cstrock says:
I have this issue as well. It happened to me today.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Just wanted to remind anyone who receives this error that it would be great if you can submit an issue report via our support system so we can investigate your particular problem.

Thanks! :)
Posted 14 years ago
juanignaciosl says:
I have already submitted an issue report. A clean reinstall seemed to work, but a few days later the problem is here again...
Posted 14 years ago
hseikaly says:
I have had this problem with the iPhone app and submitted an issue report, but all I have gotten as support is "reinstall the app," which of course, only works temporarily.
Posted 14 years ago
For anyone experiencing 'no connection' type errors, unfortunately we've received a few reports of this type of error happening with jailbroken iPhones -- the app isn't able to get a connection, and this error occurs.

If you're using any software on a jailbroken iPhone that might affect your connection (e.g., tethering apps), we'd recommend disabling such software so that you're only using the iPhone's usual connections.

Unfortunately it's difficult to track down problems that might occur with connections on jailbroken phones -- our app uses the standard connection methods provided by the iPhone, so we don't have any control over any connection problems that may occur when a phone is jailbroken.
Posted 14 years ago
cstrock says:
Can you post the old iPhone web app back on the web then. That was as nice webapp.
Posted 14 years ago
Hey cstrock,

Are you looking for the web edition of Remember The Milk for iPhone and iPod touch?
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.