Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

viewing log of old completed tasks.

nema says:
one of the things i'm looking for in a task management tool is that ability to look back in time and see what i completed on a given day (for billing purposes).

is there anyway to do this with RTM?

i hope so.. because if there isnt, it looks like i'll have to drop the cash for things AND lose the web interface to boot...
Posted at 10:24pm on March 13, 2009
(closed account) says:
Yes, how much time/effort did you put into figuring this out yourself? I ask because questions like this come up a lot and I wonder if RTM needs to make their "Advanced Search Options" more visible. So if you tried to figure it out and couldn't, it may mean it's too difficult to find the advanced options. If you didn't search at all, well, shame on you. :-)

At any rate, see: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/search/advanced.rtm

Examples:
completed:today Tasks completed today.
completedBefore:1/1/2007 Tasks completed before 2007.
completedAfter:31/12/2006 Tasks completed from the start of 2007.
Posted 15 years ago
zorkerman says:
It would be nice to be able to setup some quick links... Perhaps on the homepage. As, every friday I need to tell my boss what I did last week. So having a link/report on the main page would be much better than the Inbox, which I currently do not use.
Posted 15 years ago
nema says:
it didnt even occur to me to use the search, i googled for all the variations i could think of and looked for 'view log' and 'view history' in the RTM help section.
nothing came up.

i didnt even look for advanced search features because i didnt expect to search for them.

what i did search the UI for was a history tab or a 'view completed' option under 'more actions' or anywhere else.

anyway. i am giving you an in depth response not out of defensiveness, but in hopes that something will be done to improve a 'history' feature -- especially because the questions some up a lot!
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Hi nema,

I'll pass on your suggestion regarding a completed tasks link or action. Thanks :)
Posted 15 years ago
nema says:
hello again --

i just found that you can do a search and save it as a tab. this is PERFECT for what i need (and i think it would meet zorkerman's needs, too).

i wonder if you maybe just need some better ways to find helpful information.. mabye some e-learning videos or something.

chances are that finding this ability to save searches as tabs will answer the toodledo or RTM question for me in your favor!

Posted 15 years ago
marlowe says:
Creating the tab for "Completed" as a "smartlist" works for me. I think this is what Nema is referring to, and there is a video demo explaining how to do this at:

http://static.rememberthemilk.com/img/help/answers/smartlists/demo/smartlists.html

For complete info on creating and editing smartlists, see:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/smartlists/
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.