Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Pocket Informant for iPhone - no syncing for RTM!

(closed account) says:
Pocket Informant is coming out with an iPhone version for their hugely popular application. See http://tinyurl.com/622qgm

The tasks section of the application will sync with Toodledo, but NOT RTM. This will seriously increase the appeal and usefulness of Toodledo and is unfortunate for RTM users.

Is this because RTM doesn't want to work with them,or is it simply that the developers at Pocket Informant made a decision to go with Toodledo?
Posted at 10:45pm on March 12, 2009
davidscottweaver says:
Holy crap that looks great. I love the integration, plus I'm already a heavy GCal user. You think it would support Toodledo subtasks?
Posted 15 years ago
lolongan says:
Yes, it's a pity. I prefer RTM over Toodledo. But since I plan to use PI for iP, I have to switch over to Toodledo.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've been beta testing PI, and although I think it's a great app, I think I'll be sticking with RTM. My work is much more task orientated than events, and my personal life the opposite, so I don't have a real need for closely integrating tasks and events. RTM is so simple and quick, both on the web and with the iPhone app, that I've found it much quicker and easier to create/edit my tasks than when I use toodledo or outlook (using the toodledo outlook plugin). I may change my mind further down the line, but for now I'm going to carry on using the calendar and RTM apps on my iPhone.

All that being said, I still recommend that others give PI a go, as it's a quality app, with some great devs behind it. They'll be releasing a lite version soon after it hits the appstore.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
yes please ADD support to pocket informant !

odelaney
as a beta tester, may you please ask to pocket informant team to add RTM support to pocket informant ?
(i've just asked them too but, probably your voice will be ... in higher consideration ! :) )

thanks
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've asked them previously but it sounds like it's not going to happen I'm afraid.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm also switching over from RTM to Toodledo because I've just started using PI and finding it very useful. So far, I'm happy moving from Saisuke/RTM to PI/Toodledo.

Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
nb PI is in the app store now, not just beta release. Apparently there'll be a 'lite' version coming out soon.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Well, I posted a question about this in the Pocket Informant forums. The developer has responded that in order to sync with RTM, you must seek a commercial license from RTM.

Pocket Informant requested a license from RTM. RTM never had the courtesy to respond to the request. So the reason there is no syncing with RTM is because RTM hasn't responded to the request from Pocket Informant to do so!

What else is new. RTM is not only ignoring its customer -- THEY ARE EVEN IGNORING PARTNERS SEEKING OPPORTUNITIES TO WORK WITH THEM.

Any hopes I have that the iPhone app or the actual RTM interface will ever get upgrade based on user feedback are pretty-much gone. Something is wrong here at RTM.

I'm not really using RTM any longer. I've moved to Toodledo, partially because the developer of Toodledo listens to customers and supports the product and partially because after working with Toodledo for a few weeks now, I find the interface is good and the features are better than RTM. Subtasks work very well on Toodledo. And using Pocket Informant with it makes it even better because you can manually sort your tasks under each project with Pocket Informant. YMMV, but I've given up on RTM. I have a problem supporting a company that ignores its customers. And its possible partners.
Posted 15 years ago
ckennedy says:
Come on guys please sync to PI
Posted 15 years ago
You cannot post under this topic as it is locked.