Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Time Estimates are seriously flawed

(closed account) says:
I have a smart list displaying tasks that are not due in the future (after today) and that take 10 minutes or less...it's my list of items I can do quickly.

I was poring over this list tonight and realized a task for a long-term project was showing up. This task is kind of a placeholder and has a time estimate of "6 months". It appears to have been parsed appropriately (it's still displaying 6 months), but it shows up in my "Fast" list.

The problem is either with your search logic or your timeEstimate field. At any rate when I search for "timeEstimate:"< 11 minutes"" a task that is estimated at 6 months should not show up.

Thanks!
Posted at 3:16am on March 6, 2009
(closed account) says:
Before I forget...in case anyone cares, the obvious workaround is to list the estimate in hours...in my case ~4,382 hours (6 months).

Which brings me to my next problem. The list shows a total time estimated as "days hours minutes"...it would be nice if there were a threshold whereby the estimate is listed in greater increments...i.e. "5 months 28 days".
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
..."days" works as well. Looks like RTM fails after that.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi we.kanes,

Sorry again for the delay -- sounds like this is a bug unfortunately. It's now on our list to fix.

(I think the problem is that we're not completely supporting months in time estimates, but accepting it when it's entered.)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.