Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

offline use with ipod touch

cotik says:
is there any way to "use" RTM without internet on an ipod touch?
Even with the extra app +pro account or calendar or RTM through gcal through other calendar?

Any solutions really appreciated since im really interested in buying one.
Posted at 10:46pm on March 3, 2009
ranbarton Power Poster says:
The iPhone app works great on an iPod touch - I use it daily. To do so, one needs to be a Pro member.

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/iphone/

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/upgrade/
Posted 15 years ago
cotik says:
you mean it works without an internet connection?
Can you sync it when connected and then use it without internet?
The reminders work without internet?
Posted 15 years ago
Without any internet ever? No, sorry.

I use wifi at work and home and that is how it updates. I apologize for not reading your question correctly.

The reminders come via IM or email, and this will not work without a network connection.

One could bring the RTM iCal files into iCal and sync them from iCal to the touch. I think this would bring over reminders, but they would be for every task, which is not so useful. And they would be read only.
Posted 15 years ago
cotik says:
excuse me for being vague.

I didnt mean without internet ever. What i mean is : you sync when you have internet and the when you dont you can see/edit your tasks and (maybe) receive alerts. Finally when you have internet again you resync and update any changes made.

To what extent is this possible?
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
It is possible to edit everything, add tasks, modify existing task, create folders, create tabs, practically everything without an internet connection. Now, to sync, you need an internet connection. Aso for reminders, you need internet because they work through email or texting. What most people do is check their tasks and if you're going to be in an area where there is no access to internet. put your own reminders in the calendar application in the iPod.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
I am referring to the RTM application included in the PRO account. The one you download from iTunes
Posted 15 years ago
dcefrance says:
Cotik: The answer to your specific question is YES

You can do all of your work offline, without the Internet, and then whenever you are connected to the Internet, you click the Sync button and it synchronises with the online version of RTM. Anything you've done online comes down to the iPhone/iPodTouch and vice-versa.

On the iPhone/iPodTouch itself all of the work is done offline within the application. It is not a webapp. You synchronise with it afterwards.

My wife has an iPod Touch and only has access to WiFi when she's home. She does 90% of her work offline.
Posted 15 years ago
cotik says:
thank you! you have been of great help. Does your wife find the touch useful? Im considering one.
Posted 15 years ago
timlockridge says:
I have an ipod touch and remember the milk is one of the best apps for it. Now, after installing RTM for my touch, I find that my Blackberry use has dropped considerably. Definitely worth the cost of a pro account.
Posted 15 years ago
I am not his wife, but I will chime in to say I think the iPod touch is the handiest gadget I have ever owned. I did not want the monthly bill of an iPhone (and I have a cell through work), so it's a perfect adjunct. It does so many things, battery life is good, and it's a great platform for RTM, among other things. I think the refurbished 8GB units are one of the best values in the whole electronics market.
Posted 15 years ago
fric says:
The iphone app finally made me start using RTM, as well as sign up as a pro user. But unfortunately, the fonts are way too large on the iphone, and it appears to be one of those problems that really needs fixing...
Posted 15 years ago
arosa says:
i'm another ipod touch owner/user of rtm. great app, and one of the reasons i got the ipod touch (i'm another that didn't really need an iphone enough to justify extra monthly fees). even when i'm not in a wifi connected place i find myself adding/editing tasks which will sync up once i have a connection. also, the ipod touch itself is awesome, highly recommend it.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.