Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

UI quirk

nordlys says:
When I enter a new task in the web interface, it is put at the bottom (no priority). I would normally like it at the top among the top priority ones. Is there a way to achieve that?
Posted at 2:31pm on February 5, 2009
(closed account) says:
You can always create a smart list that shows high priority items from your list. Then, when you create the task it will take on the attributes of your search.

I.E. "priority:1 and list:Inbox"

I know lots of other users have asked for something similar (myself included). It can be frustrating that a task disappears from view before you get a chance to enter the necessary info.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
The above advice is right on. For something a little simpler, when you first enter the task, and it has no priority but is still the selected, or active, task, just press 1, and that priority will be assigned, bringing the task up to the top.
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
we.kanes: It's already been solved.
Stop your new tasks from disappearing from your smart lists as you add them: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/3700/
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Correction: it hasn't been "solved", we users have adapted and created a work-around. There is a big difference.

New users shouldn't have to scour the forums for work-arounds to issues that shouldn't be. It is not intuitive to have your new task disappear before you even get a chance to make the necessary edits.

At the very least your new task should be "followed" allowing you to enter data, or better yet a pop-up should be displayed saying, effectively, "Your new task doesn't fit the criteria of this smart list, please fill in the rest of your information to create the task."
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Well, you are right, it's one of several work-arounds created by users in order to improve some weaknesses in RTM.
I agree, your pop-up idea would be one way, or having the new task selected until all meta info is added and the task is de-selected (then it might disappear from view if it doesn't meet the smart list criteria).
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.