Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

mouserover madness

kern.stedd says:
Hello, is it me not understanding how the RTM works, or are there serious issues with the user interface?

I want to edit some entry, and to display the details, I have to hover over it. But as I move the pointer, I hover over some other entries, and the details flicker and change in a flurry. Ok, I check the checkbox, now I can edit. But wait, I have checked several entries. Will they all change at the same time? Now how do I change that heading. Ok, clicking the actual text, and it turns into an input field. That was intuitive.

Can I have my web 1.0 back, please? :-)
Posted at 2:25pm on February 4, 2009
davidscottweaver says:
You're right, the RTM web interface is seriously lacking in human interface guidelines. You SHOULD be able to click a task and edit it's info (including priority and list info in the SAME BOX), then if you check another task, it UNCHECKS the previous task. Now that the gang is back from Sydney, and there's a new mystery programmer, these LONG time requests can slowly be addressed.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
if you check several tasks you will edit only the last one (even if several are checked) unless you are in multi edit mode (which you activate pressing the m key. You know you are in multi edit because it says so at the top).

Its sorta weird at first, but it works.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.