Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Crossroads

jeff.rhine says:
First let me say how impressed I've been with RTM. The more I use it, the more I like it. I BELIEVE in RTM and have put my money where my mouth is by supporting it as a pro user.

But even with all the wonderful flexibility and functionality of RTM, I still find myself missing some key elements (such as being able to print a decent looking report showing items AND NOTES that were completed this day/week/month/etc.)

I know the quest for the GTD holy grail is a personal journey and one not often seen to fruition, but RTM is so close to being a complete solution for me... it is driving me mad.

What concerns me (and here's where the crossroads come in,) is that the chatter from devs over the past few months has been unsettlingly quiet. If RTM is an ongoing development with improvements and innovations imminently around the corner, then I can be patient and bide my time.... even willingly duplicating much of my inbox processing while I wait.

But if the RTM trail has gone cold, I would really appreciate some heads up so I can go ahead and invest my time and money in another system. (Vitalist, bleh but has reporting.)

Oh, and if a few of the forum ideas were implemented (printing notes, various integrations, better import/export)... I'd easily pay $5/$10 a month for the service. Heck, it is what I'm considering now with Vitalist at the crossroads.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Posted at 2:27pm on February 3, 2009
ranbarton Power Poster says:
As a dedicated user and fan of RTM, who's been here since the beginning, I will join you in saying I think the recent silence here from the RTM team does not bode well. I think they have more staff now, so perhaps they are hunkered down and coding. While I respect their desire not to tip their hand and pre-announce features, I think some sort of indication that development is proceeding would be heartening. I wonder if they are in negotiations as part of a buyout? Who knows.

I really admire RTM, I find it incredibly useful, and I surely hope that it continues to thrive and evolve and remain a vital service with a strong future.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Same here.
I think I went "pro" less than 2 weeks after signing up, so much I like RTM.
But the forums have been buzzing with requests for new features for years without a nod from the dev. team. Could we at least have a status update on a) sub-tasks, b) task dependencies, c) drag-and-drop re-ordering, and d) printing with notes?

My Pro subscription ends in April. If I have no answers by then, I'll move to Todoist.

RTM team -- we love you. Love us back. ;o)

s.
Posted 15 years ago
jeff.rhine says:
We love RTM!
Posted 15 years ago
jeff.rhine says:
Ok, that last reply was a shameless bump. I apologize.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.