Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Broken smart lists?

ranbarton Power Poster says:
Starting yesterday, some of my smart lists have ceased functioning. Subsequent efforts to search for items have also failed. An example - I have a series of repeating events that make up a TV schedule, and all of them are tagged TV. My smart list for these items now appears blank, even though I can find them in my list with the tag TV still in place.

Any suggestions about how to fix this, please?
Posted at 8:51pm on February 15, 2006
While I'd observed this behavior in Firefox and IE on XP and Firefox on OSX, for whatever reason it's now behaving fine. I'm very pleased to have my smart lists back in action; they're very handy.
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, I'm not sure what could be happening here -- we haven't changed anything recently.

If you see anything like this again, can you please email us at [old address removed] with the name of the list and which tasks you're expecting to be in it? We'd love to investigate this further.

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
Just for the sake of completeness, this behavior has reappeared, such that my search on the tag fails and my smart list, based on the same search, fails, too.

XP and IE, will try on Mac at home tonight.

Odd,
Ran
Posted 18 years ago
Working alright with OS X 10.3 and Firefox 1.5; I'll see what I get when I go back to Windoze.
Posted 18 years ago
We'll look into this -- it may be related to the other issue you reported.
Posted 18 years ago
Ran, I think we've tracked down the culprit here -- it turns out there was a very strange bug reported here that meant that tag searches which contained the letter 'v' weren't working in IE. We've now fixed this, so please let us know if you continue to experience any problems with your 'TV' tags.
Posted 18 years ago
While my TV list is silly, my events list is crucial, and now that this is fixed, RTM will be so much more useful to me when I am stuck at work with IE6.

Thanks so much.
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.