Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Title edits don't have a random-access cursor

gfarnum says:
If you want to edit the title, you can either clear the title or delete the character at the end of the title (backspace), but you can't move the cursor to any place within the text field. Kinda sucks if you want to correct a typo.
This may be a problem elsewhere but I've only had the app for about a day and haven't checked.
Posted at 6:22am on January 29, 2009
swaroopch says:
Yes, this is possibly my _only_ crib.
Please make this happen!

P.S. The iPhone app is simply awesome. Just exactly what I was looking for.
Posted 15 years ago
pstoffel says:
"Happy" to see I'm not the only one who couldn't do random-access edits. Same issue for other one-line text fields (e.g. URL, custom tag); however, it works fine in the Notes.

I had the idea that it worked *very* occasionally, but I'll try to find a pattern if that occurs again and post an update.
Posted 15 years ago
pstoffel says:
Didn't notice another thread (already auto-closed) about this subject: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/iphone/5981/.

Looks like the core issue isn't solved yet (neither with latest iPhone update), but the MS Windows-like workaround (restarting the app) does work indeed ;->
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
Works fine for me.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
Correction to my previous post:

It works fine in task titles. Does not work on tag titles
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Fascinating. I am unable to get this to work on my device. I wonder why it's so variable?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This issue seems to affect third party apps on the iPhone in some cases -- it can help to tap directly onto the field to make the magnifying glass appear. If the magnifying glass stops appearing, a workaround for now is to exit the app and then re-open the app.

If you haven't done so already, I'd also recommend updating to the latest version of the iPhone OS. We've been looking to find a workaround to stop this happening completely, but unfortunately it's something we're waiting on Apple to fix. :(
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.