Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Why both iPhone app and web version are pro ?

(closed account) says:
Why can't you keep the web version free for everyone and only the native app version for the pro users ?
Posted at 9:12pm on January 27, 2009
jshump says:
I don't understand this either. If I can browse the web on my iPhone, why can't I access RTM that way for free just like if I was on my pc? If people want the sleeker access and easier entry via the iPhone app, it is worth paying for, but it doesn't make any sense to have to pay for the web version.

I've actually been shopping around for a new tasks manager because this is so ridiculous to me. I love RTM, but I want to be able to access my task manager from wherever I am, including my phone if necessary. I would just get the iPhone app, but if other task managers aren't charging for web access, I'd rather switch. The fee's not too high, it's the principle.
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Hi there,

There are free options for accessing Remember the Milk via the iPhone or any mobile device. You can still access the main web app (rememberthemilk.com) or even the mobile version (m.rememberthemilk.com) via your phone's web browser - all for free!

Posted 15 years ago
jobszdone says:
Jshump, did you find a new task manager? id be interested to know what one you went with as im still deciding what is best?
Posted 15 years ago
mahmoodadeel says:
Ya i really think the web version should be allowed for free or cheaper.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
jobszdone, mahmoodadeel

guys, didn't you just read what Krissy posted? Don't ignore a lady. She has given you a couple of good suggestions and you don't even acknowledge her!

Also, you both spent over $200 on an iPhone and are too cheap to spend $25 for a Pro account?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
jshump says:

>>The fee's not too high, it's the principle.

At the risk of sounding a bit too agressive.... give me a big break here! Principle? Why do you believe that the people behind RTM should build, maintain and enhance this website and the programming behind it with no remuneration just so you can have the convenience of using it, and the ability to access and work with it through various channels?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you feel that them asking for a reasonable amount of money for you to use iPhones and Blackberrys or even other software like Appigo's "ToDo" or "Jott" to access RTM is unprincipled.

I think it's a matter of principle in fact that for the vast majority of users, there is simply no need to buy or pay ANYTHING! If you want to use other software to access it (which, by the way, is a great way to work with the rest of the free web-app) then all that they are asking is that you pay about $2 per month to do so.

I'm sorry - I don't think this is a question of principle. It's a question of you and some others expecting someone to do all of this work for you with no chance to recoup some of their investment -- even if it's just time. To the best of my knowledge, there is no advertising on this site. You don't even have to look at annoying banners.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
mahmoodadeel says:

>Ya i really think the web version should be allowed for free or cheaper.

Ummm.... It is. Did you even try to access it on your iPhone? Like Krissy said, just go to http://m.rememberthemilk.com
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
amswitzer

as you and I being two of the most outspoken or should I say outwritten memebers of this forum, it is also our privilege to point the exit door to idiots!

Few times do idiots out do themselves thatn when you give them something for free. They will demand even more freebies.

I may request changes, upgrades, even mention a lack of attention. Yet, I also offer to pay for them.

Nice post. I really inejoyed reading what you had to say.

Krissy, keep it up girl!
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
BTW, Krissy,
I figure you can't tell them what you really think because you are a lady. But I am not!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.