Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Differences between Reminders

(closed account) says:
Hi,

if this question was answered before I am sorry.

This question might sound also a little studpi but I think it's the German translation which confuses me:

As I see from the FAQ I set the day I am reminded for tasks which have a due DATE (meaning a day in the calendar) and set the time for taks which have just a due TIME (meaning they are tasks for everyday). Which confuses me is that the German translation says "Falligkeitsdatum" for the later which means something like "due DATE". However it is the setting for due TIMES reminders.

Well, I hope you can tell me whats right and if it is just a missleading translation.

Thx
Posted at 1:31pm on January 11, 2009
arvid says:
Simius,

when you look at it in the English version, does it then make sense? When the translation is wrong, feel free to submit a translation feedback request;
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/translate/
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi everybody,

I had the same problem with these two reminder "categories" in the German version. The English version does indeed make sense. ;-)

The first two checkboxes are for tasks which have only a due DATE set (and no time). The third and fourth are for tasks which also have a due TIME set.

It would be better to call it "Fälligkeitszeitpunkt" or may be change the whole sentence to something like "Falls die Aufgabe zu einer bestimmten Zeit fällig ist, erinnere mich...". I will post a translation feedback request.

Best regards
Arno
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.