Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Another Wildcard Request: listContains

leo.knight says:
First, I LOVE RTM! It is changing my life!

I create lists for work projects, personal projects, paying projects, non-paying projects, startup projects, etc.

If I could search by listContains:wk or listContains:hm or listContains:vol it would help me greatly in creating Smart Lists for my Next Actions for Work, Home, Volunteer, etc. This way I wouldn't have to tag every item in a work list as @work.

Thanks!

Leo
Posted at 4:35pm on January 5, 2009
arvid says:
Doesn't this operator do the trick;

list: Used to specify list name.

list:Work
list:"Bob's Homework"

You can specify multiple lists by either using AND / OR
Posted 15 years ago
bartlett says:
Let me also sing RTMs praises, designed purely with the end user in mind - its a joy to use.

I am struggling with the same problem. My work lists have a prefix of 'ws-' to group them together.

Using the AND/OR would mean updating the smart list query every time I add a new work list, which is very frequent.

Having list:Contains would enable me to query easily for all overdue tasks in my work lists with:

dueBefore:today AND listContains: ws-

It would be very grateful if you could add this feature. I'd upgrade to pro immediately :))

Anyone else who could use this please vote!
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Maybe you could filter out the lists you don't want instead:
NOT list:personal AND NOT list:"some day" AND NOT list:presents etc
That way you could add loads of ws-lists and still have them appear in your smartlist. If you add a lot of personal lists too, then your in trouble using this method ;-)
Posted 15 years ago
bartlett says:
thks rajjan. unfortunately i do add lots of both :( come on RTM - surely you want another pro user? :) yours hopefully....
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.