Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Unable to get ATOM Feed through Google Reader

apark3 says:
Hi,
I just signed up for RTM yesterday and created some tasks. When I tried getting ATOM feed through Google Reader, it reads that my search did not match any feeds. But I am able to subscribe to the feed using Firefox. Please help. Thank you.
Andy
Posted at 8:57pm on December 28, 2008
badenoch says:
I can subscribe successfully using the Atom icon in Google Reader. However, the feed doesn't update (even after 2 hours) despite manually trying to refresh, logging out and back in, et cetera.

For testing purposes, I set up the exact same feed in Thunderbird and it works flawlessly. I can't figure it out, but it seems to be caching something somewhere.
Posted 15 years ago
jnievele says:
The RTM server needs you to log in with username/password - Google Reader unfortunately doesn't support this...
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
The Atom/RSS and iCalendar feeds allow you to subscribe to your tasks with your feed reader or calendar software.

Many feed readers and calendars, particularly those online, don't support authenticated feeds like ours (which require your Remember The Milk username and password to access them). To work around this problem, we've created an option to turn on private addresses, so that you can subscribe to your tasks with products such as Google Reader and Google Calendar.

You can now enable private addresses for your lists by going to the General tab on the Settings screen (via the link on the top right in Remember The Milk).

With private addresses, each of your list feeds is given a very long, hard to guess URL. You can use this URL to subscribe with your feed reader or show your tasks on your Google Calendar. After you've enabled this feature, you'll find the private Atom and iCalendar feed URLs available in the list details box for each list (private addresses are available for both regular and Smart Lists).

Please note: Private addresses are designed for your use only, so please don't share this address with others. If you accidently share your private address, click on the "Reset Private URLs" link on the Settings screen to create brand new private address URLs.

Google takes a while to pick up the feed. As you have crosschecked the feed itself is working
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.