Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Trouble with iCalendar Events Service (All Lists) in Google Calendar

jeenuv says:
I was trying to get events from all the lists in RTM to Google Calendar. When I go to RTM settings page, I get a webcal:// URL for the same. However, when I import using the URL, Google Calendar is giving the error "Could not fetch the url". What could be wrong?
Posted at 8:14am on December 23, 2008
arvid says:
jeenuv,

Gcal has quite often some refresh issues. We have addressed this multiple times to Google but until now it seems they haven't fixed it. Your URL is working and should be accepted by GCal. I would recommend trying a few more times.

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
happened to me too, I retried and it worked, so dont worry
Posted 15 years ago
jeenuv says:
:( I tried; I'm still getting the same error - Couldn't fetch the URL
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
The primary problem is that Google Calendar doesn't provide a way to force an immediate refresh of a feed that it's subscribed to. As far as I know, the calendar feed is only one way. Every so often, Google Calendar is supposed to request a new version of the calendar feed. It's impossible for RTM (or any other feed provider) to force Google Calendar to refresh it's data. So the problem is with Google.

I would recommend you contact Google for this;
http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/request.py?contact_type=techissue_new&tech=loading
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.