Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Feature Suggestion: A 'postpone' button

johnwin says:
I would really welcome the addition of an option to postpone a reminder from the iPhone app.

I have a smart list that tells me all the items I have postponed too often (currently set at 4 postpones). This is really useful for when I need to discover what I'm procrastinating on. It also serves to make me review items to decide if I'm ever going to do them or just remove them because I have no intention of ever acting on them.

Thanks.
Posted at 9:46am on December 22, 2008
arvid says:
hi johnwin,

would it be possible to provide some more information? As the reminder is tight towards the due date and when you postpone, the due date plus the reminder is also postponed.

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
arvid - I was just saying that I miss the option to hit the 'postpone' button as provided on the usual web interface. I use the postpone count to form a smart list so I can see what I'm avoiding doing and what todo's I ought to just delete as I'm never going to do them.
Posted 15 years ago
gvbell says:
I'm seeing a postpone button on the iPhone app, but it is nonfunctional?
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
johnwin - when you click EDIT while displaying the tasks, you can select which tasks you would like to postpone. Is this what you mean?
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
wow - how red is my face! I should have know RTM would have this covered!

I never even tried the 'edit' button - just used the 'swipe and complete'

Sorry.
Posted 15 years ago
johnmsch says:
I'd like to see an option to postpone for x days. Perhaps when you hit the Postpone button, pop up another screen with a wheel to select how many days to postpone, defaulting to one.
Posted 15 years ago
binaryeric says:
+1 to Johnmsch. I have the same request... assuming that I want to postpone for 1 day rarely is true (at least for me)

I understand that this presents a UI design challenge though.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.