Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Remember the milk, good concept but...

jamhay says:
......after a while playing with it very poorly implemented.

It seems easier to 'remember the milk' than it does to remember birthdays, wedding anniversary’s, appointments, meetings etc...

Tried adding a birthday, using the 01/01/08 date format I was asked about on registration.... it crashed the task.

Then after some help searching, found out the date had to be in a letter/ number format.

After I got the date working, instead of simply remembering that this was someone’s birthday and auto repeating every year, I had to manually work out and 'remember' to repeat the task every 365 days.

I then tried to view the birthday on the 'icalender' and got the following error....'Hi, I'm Nick from 30 Boxes.
Unfortunately, we can't make heads or tails of your calendar mashup.
We couldn't find any data in:''

Then I read that RTM would delete your account if you didnt 'remember' to log in after 9 months.

Seriously, I cant see anything that RTM does that you cant do on all the social networking sites, for free never mind being pestered to upgrade to pro.

As for ease of use, the calendar on the wall and post it notes at work are still easier.

I know only too well that you can subscribe to free services, spend ages setting them up and getting used to them only for them to go bust 24 months down the line and you lose everything.

Unless RTM can take care of the basic important reminders & tasks easily first, not sure how much demend there is for rememebring milk.

I know only too well that you can subscribe to free services, spend ages setting them up and getting used to them only for them to go bust 24 months down the line and you lose everything.

Unless RTM can take care of the basic important reminders & tasks easily first, not sure how much demand there is for remembering milk.

If you’ve remembered to add a reminder on RTM to remember the milk, then you’ve already remembered the milk.

Posted at 2:08pm on December 20, 2008
jamhay says:
^^^A point so important, it was said twice lol

Seriously, I cant even edit my post above, pretty much sums up RTM IMO
Posted 15 years ago
jamhay says:
Was doing a little bit of searching and found this....

Perfect for reminders, 100% Free, No Lite..upgrade to Pro stuff.

Before you even log on to rememberthemilk, email etc you will have been reminded... even does birthdays as well.

http://reminderfox.mozdev.org/

:D
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
jamhay, sorry to hear that you encounter so much problems when trying to use RTM. If you still like, I would recommend you submit a support request via email and we can see whether we can fix items that are not working for you.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/contact/support/?ctx=tasks.newissue.other&report=1

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.