Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Help with igoogle gadget

mel.lightbody says:
A day or so ago, my igoogle gadget began showing only today or today and tomorrow, instead of a week ahead. Yikes! I may easily work ahead in my do list and every day I at least review my tasks ahead.How can I fix this?

The way I've arranged my rtm tasks, I now have no master list by date which is what I work off of.
Posted at 4:15am on December 18, 2008
luchie says:
I'm experiencing the same problem.

I've played around a little and discovered that the iGoogle RTM gadget "box" seems to have a fixed size now.

I created a new section and threw on a few different RTM gadgets with different settings. This should lead to the boxes resizing based on the contents, but this does not happen anymore. They are all the same fixed size, even if you choose to display a list with only a couple of items. You end up with a large box and lots of white space in between.

If it helps, I've noticed my Google Calendar widget has also "shrunk". The calendar view is cut just beneath the bottom and I cannot see my agenda underneath.
Posted 15 years ago
yarosla says:
I also have my iGoogle RTM gadget shrunk today.

Same happened to Google Calendar. Seems iGoogle has changed something on their side but I do not know how to work around this. This change makes RTM gadget useless.

BTW I'm using Chrome browser.
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
hi guys,

we are having some engineers look at this.

regards,

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
harlan2 says:
Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
michelle.baruth says:
This has happened with some of my other apps, so I am wondering if Google has put a limit on sizes.
Posted 15 years ago
emscokenny says:
Google does not limit the size of their gadgets. My bookmarks was the same size as my old RTM list.
Posted 15 years ago
mel.lightbody says:
I bow in the direction of the appropriate monkey(s). Just now, my igoogle gadget is back to its happy self. I now feel like I have a future again.

And while I am thanking primates, I'm grateful for the support for Chrome, too.
Posted 15 years ago
linh.rtm says:
yeah, mine is cut off now. I was wondering why it looked so odd. Rather frustrating since i'm moving away from gmail and the igoogle gadget is the best way for me to use RTM now (I'm not fond of the main web interface).

the FF gmail extension is the best IMO, heh.
Posted 15 years ago
luchie says:
Yep! fixed here too :-)

Thanks to whoever was responsible for this very quick fix.

Not sure if anyone noticed.. but I had horizontal tabs at the top of my iGoogle all morning (like the old style) but with the canvas function still working and everything going great (except for RTM and GCal gadgets)

Maybe they're prepping/testing a way to switch to top tabs. I sure hope so!
Posted 15 years ago
owyn says:
Still having the problem with "shrunk" RTM gadget.

Tried everything I can think of to get it back to it's correct size.
Posted 15 years ago
owyn says:
Bingo.

One thing I had not thought of. Logout and log back in to the gadget.
Posted 15 years ago
owyn says:
I actually had gone as far as deleting and re-adding the gadget, but, not sure I explicitly logged off before.
Posted 15 years ago
owyn says:
Aaaaaargh.
Shrunk again. And this time logging in and out did not fix it.
Posted 15 years ago
emscokenny says:
Any update on this?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This was a change that Google made (and then subsequently fixed :)

If anyone continues to have any gadget sizing issues, please let us know.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.