Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Setting default auto applied attributes to a list?

kmninbox says:

Im new here...Is there a way to set default characteristics to lists?

Such as I want to make a list, and assign it as priority 1, or assign a location to it... So any task I move to that list will automatically be assigned the same priority, or location, or due date, etc.
Posted at 8:02am on December 17, 2008
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If you use a smart list with criteria that are not ambiguous, then yes.

Instructions and better explanations here:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/smartlists/addtask.rtm
Posted 15 years ago
kmninbox says:
But say my default folder is Inbox,
I just dump all my tasks as I make them into Inbox,

But I don't see how I can move those tasks from Inbox into a Smart List because the drop down menu doesn't seem to have option to move to a Smart List

Uhm, sorry, newbie
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi,

the Inbox won't give you this option. When you use smartlist, you leave the tasks in their original list (or you move them to a 'real' list). The smartlist will be populated based on tags, dates etc.

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
kmninbox says:
How about ....Is there an option to create a task into a chosen Smart List while creating it? (This goes for the iPhone app as well)

I am trying to avoid the redundancy of needing to select many tasks to apply time and/or location.
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi kmninbox,

just access the smartlist and create a task in it. (on the iPhone, just open the list and hit the + sign, you will see that all settings for that Smartlist are already included in the task details)

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.