Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Private iCalendar feed for all tasks (as events)?

nbr says:
Some time ago, a question was posted asking about a private iCal feed for all tasks. Here's the thread:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/5311/

I wanted to resurrect it because I don't think I understood the resolution. I would like to put my tasks on my calendar (I use AirSet.com), so I want to export them as an iCalendar feed. My client doesn't support authentication, so I turned on private feed URLs under the General tab in Settings. So, I can subscribe without any problem to the tasks in my Inbox (for example). Those URLs have the structure

www.rememberthemilk.com/icalendar/ [USERNAME] / [NUMERIC ID] /events/?tok= [HASHED TOKEN]

However if I go into the Info tab under Settings and grab the feed for All Lists, it doesn't have a hashed token -- it looks like this:

www.rememberthemilk.com/icalendar/ [USERNAME] /events/

This seems to require authentication.

So, what I'm asking is, is there a way to get a *private* feed of all tasks (from all lists) that doesn't require a client with authentication?

Thanks,
Nathan
Posted at 2:53am on December 13, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Nathan,

Only individual lists are available via private addresses -- the "all tasks" iCalendar feed won't work for this.

There is a workaround, if you do wish to have all your tasks accessible via a private address. You can create an 'All Tasks' list by searching for all tasks (just leave the search box blank) and then creating a Smart List (click on the 'Save' tab). You can then subscribe to the iCalendar (Event) feed for that Smart List.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
nbr says:
Excellent, that'll work great. Many thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.