Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Importing Palm Pilot Tasks

(closed account) says:
Hello. I've been using Palm Pilot for the past five years and finally moved on to an iPhone. Due the lack of a ToDo list on the iPhone, I found RTM and am eager to give it a try.

One thing I can't figure out is how to import my to do lists from Palm Pilot. In particular, I have a bunch of lists such as a reading list, movie list, etc. where I check off the books/movies after I have read/watched them. I like to keep the completed items around as a record of what's I've already read/watched and I like to have the date completed to help me remember when I read/watched it.

I understand how to use the e-mail to import lists, but how can I import completed items along with their completion dates? If I have to, how would I enter a completion date manually that is not today?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ken
Posted at 6:35pm on December 11, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Ken,

Unfortunately the email import feature only handles task names (it doesn't understand due dates or other task properties) at this time. :(

We don't have a feature that would allow an import like this currently, sorry. :(
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Really? Then what is the meaning of this post from your website?

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/sending/emailinbox.rtm

To me that looks like instructions for importing many fields other than just the task name.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Emily was referring to the bulk import method, here: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/sending/importemail.rtm
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Okay, well, let's assume that I can write a script that will send my tasks by e-mail, one at a time, using the method in the link I found. I still don't see how I can include completed items. Is there a way?

If not, is there a way to edit the completed date for an item so that I can manually put those in?

Thanks.

Ken
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If you add a specific tag to all of the items you wish to complete, like for example "done", you could easily search for that tag once you were done with the import, select all, and then mark them complete.

You would not be able to vary or edit the completion dates (a feature that is requested with some regularity here).
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.