Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Due Dates Changing and Sync Issues

matthew.e says:
For the last week or so i have been having issues syncing the iphone with the RTM servers, it seems its only RTM having these issues, my RSS reader, IM client, all communicate ok.

I am also seeing due dates changing on me for no reason, even though the tasks "due date" is set for today, it gets 'postpond' automatically to tomorrow it seems.

When RTM for iPhone opens, it will take a really long time trying to sync, the sprite wheel is constantly turning, but either it just stops, or i get an error about connecting to the servers.

If i dont get the error, and i got to 'settings -> about' on the iphone, i can see the last time it actually sync'ed with the server was many hours ago.

I have deleted the iphone app and downloaded again with no help.

Any Ideas?
Posted at 4:01pm on December 10, 2008
matthew.e says:
Could Timezones being different from my 2 pcs and my mac cause this?

I am currently travelling, and my mac and ipod are at local time (CST), and my work laptop is at -5 (EST)

There is only an hour difference though.
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi matt,

that can be indeed the issue. Tasks are saved with their respect date/time with the timezone, sending in tasks from different timezones can indeed cause issues.
Posted 15 years ago
narcissi says:
I just found a similar issue even though the timezones on my computer, iphone and RTM settings are all the same.

I created a number of tasks online, later I was using my iphone app to modify some tasks then noticed a huge number of tasks in "tomorrow". For some reason all my tasks that I had set due for Monday were now due a day earlier, Sunday.

Strangely enough, it didn't seem to shift all my tasks one day ahead.

Glad I recently discovered the ability to modify multiple tasks at once! :-)

ps Merry Christmas and a happy new year to the RTM team - it's a great tool!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have the same issue with the due date shifting one day forward. This is shown in the lists, but the week planer and my iPhone shows them correctly. Strange...
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
If anyone continues to experience issues, please submit an iPhone issue report via our support system and we can check things out.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.