Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Cannot retrieve lists via SMS.

magnoliasouth says:
I've done everything I can think of, but I'm still only getting list information via email and not SMS. Under RTM settings, I have my mobile phone and Twitter activated (reminders and confirm actions are both set to on). I have added RTM as my friend at Twitter and my Twitter settings are Devices set to On. I don't know what else I'm supposed to be doing.

Following these instructions: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/twitter/

I am Twittering the following to RTM (note that I have a list named Grocery):
d rtm !gl grocery

I'm getting the list, but I'm getting it via email. To be frank, emailing a list is a rather silly option because if I have access to email then I could just go to the RTM site instead. The whole point of SMS is to both send and receive remotely, when not connected to the internet. Right?

If it matters, I have T-Mobile.

I also want to say one last thing. I do not wish to set up a filter in Gmail to forward it to my phone. I tried that already and T-Mobile is unfortunately reading it as a picture message, which naturally I have a limit on. I have unlimited text messaging though. So as you can see, this isn't an option for me.
Posted at 8:53pm on December 9, 2008
magnoliasouth says:
Also I must mention that I'm also not getting reminders via SMS either.
Posted 15 years ago
magnoliasouth says:
Oh and I forgot to mention this too (I sure wish we could edit posts here). I am getting SMS reminders from Google Calendar and other systems AND I do get email to SMS.
Posted 15 years ago
magnoliasouth says:
My latest update... This is turning into a blog, but without responses. :(

I am now getting some reminders via SMS but they are very late. I have found, however, that I do get unlimited picture messaging as well. This might help the reminders, but it will NOT help me trying to retrieve lists via SMS.

Isn't anyone able to help me?
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Would it be possible you submit a support request?
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/contact/support/?ctx=reminders.newissue&report=1

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.