Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

listContains and listStartsWith

dringerb says:
Those are functions that don't exist, but I'd sure like to figure out how to replicate the implied feature.

That is, does anyone know a way to do a search for tasks within a list that contains or starts with a certain string? This would help immensely in setting up lists that can be grouped together. For instance, I can have "wk - Budget" and "wk - Fantasy" and then easily gather these into a "Work Future" search.

This can be accomplished either with tags or by updating "list:" and specifying all pertinent lists, but that's a lot of maintenance.

Thanks,
Dan
Posted at 9:56pm on December 7, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Dan,

Hmm, good question. Unfortunately without listContains I can't think of a way to do this (without maintaining all the desired lists in the search criteria). Maybe someone here will have a creative solution. :)
Posted 15 years ago
dringerb says:
Thanks, Emily. Hey, a general question: Is it worth re-posting this kind of thing in the Ideas forum? I figure that once you've seen this then it's logged in the development queue in whatever way is appropriate. But if it's helpful to y'all to have desired features systematically appear in the Ideas forum, then I'd take the time to do that.

...Because I'm an idea guy! (That's in contrast to a solutions guy....)

Thanks,
Dan
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Dan,

Sure, please feel free to re-post over in the Ideas forum; it's great to collect all the ideas there (and others might have ideas for extensions to this idea, too).

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.