Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

setting a due date on new tasks

(closed account) says:
I don't find setting the date (of a new task) to be very easy. Am I doing something wrong? ...After entering a task I need to then scroll down the screen, find the new task (sorted alpha) , select the task, select the "Due" section in the sidebar, enter the date.
Posted at 12:42am on December 7, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi michael.divirgilio ,

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend checking out the keyboard shortcuts -- this is the fastest way to edit task properties.

Once you've added a task, you can press 'd' to jump to the due date field.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
When you have added a task, it's selected, just enter the date etc at right.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks Emily and Rajjan. That helps but the 'trouble' I was trying to describe is that I actually have to finish creating the task and then find it in my list of tasks (which with more than 15 tasks requires me to scroll down the page to find it) and then click on the task with my mouse so that I can then do as you suggest and select 'd' to enter the date. Am I missing something?
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
I suspect that your newly added task is selected after you add it even if it's off-screen. Looking in the box at right, you should see the task name.
It works that way on my PC.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Excellent. I figured it out. Thanks Raggan!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.