Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Auto-Suggest not working

warlax says:
Hi everyone,
I am new to this RTM stuff - looks pretty neat!
Anyone experiencing problems with the auto-suggest feature in gmail?
I have the RTM extension on Firefox and everything else works fine (message and contact integration) but for some reason, it's not picking up my events from google calendar. Other than installing the extension and making sure settings->tasks in gmail is set to allow auto-suggest of events, do I need to set something up to have it read my events from gcal?

Thanks everyone.
Posted at 12:09am on December 6, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi warlax,

Would it be possible to let me know if the events you're referring to in your tasks are in your primary calendar or a secondary calendar in Google Calendar?

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
warlax says:
I believe they are in my primary calendar - even though I can't be sure... how can one tell if it's a primary calendar?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I think in the event details, the primary calendar is the one with your name (the calendar that's also at the top of the list in 'My calendars'), but I'm not too sure on that, sorry!
Posted 15 years ago
warlax says:
Yeah, that fits - I only have that one calendar anyways. The other calendars are just that, they are under "other calendars".
Posted 15 years ago
adam.ploshay says:
I have same issue - Contacts are being auto-suggested, but not Calendar events.

Also, is there some complete list of which keywords will trigger Contact or Calendar lookup? I've tried some ones not demonstrated on the GMail plugin description page that also work (for example, "talk with" or "speak to" also trigger Contact lookups.) Here's what I see there:
Contacts: call, e-mail, ask, follow up with
Calendar: before, on, after
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.