Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Import a list with dates

(closed account) says:
Hi,

I am looking for a way to import a list of tasks which have dates, and need to be repeated etc.

I can format the data to suit, but can't work out how I can do this. The closest thing I could see was the "Import a list via email?", which would be perfect if only it allowed dates to be added too.

Any ideas? Many thanks...
Posted at 12:08am on December 6, 2008
(closed account) says:
I was thinking that perhaps it would be quite simple with some little section eg:

Remember the milk !due Monday at 9am !repeat weekly !priority 1

Much like the great way you can email tasks, but for emailing lists.
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/sending/emailinbox.rtm
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pandaking,

The list import via email only supports task names at this time; it doesn't handle other task properties, sorry.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi emily, thanks for getting back to me.

I realise it currently isn't possible by email which is why I created this topic. I was merely wondering if there was a way to import a list with dates?

My second post was more of a suggestion of a way to improve the current way of emailing lists. By allowing filtering in each line with little code segments for example: !repeat, !due, !priority, etc.

So then you could email a list like:
Remember the milk !due Monday at 9am !repeat weekly !priority 1
Don't forget the dinner reservation !due Friday at 7:30pm
Remember Tom's Birthday !due 16th December !repeat yearly
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi pandaking,

Unfortunately there isn't currently a way to import a list of tasks with due dates, sorry.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
OK, thanks again for getting back to me. I might start having a read through your API ^^
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
this would be a great addition... do keep us informed if you find the time, pandaking! and thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.